Launched in 2010 and acquired by Facebook in 2012, Instagram has taken the mobile photo-sharing niche by storm, with no signs of stopping. Thinking about using Instagram to market your business? Want to become Instagram famous? Here are the most surprising Instagram statistics and facts to know for this year.
Instagram Demographic Statistics:
1. 80% of Instagram users are outside of the US.
2. Most Instagram users are between 18-29 years old.
3. Six in ten online adults have Instagram accounts.
4. Female internet users are more likely to use Instagram than men, at 38% vs. 26%.
5. 32% of teenagers consider Instagram to be the most important social network. 6. 32% of Instagram users attended college.
7. 26% of Instagram users make more than $75,000 per year.
Instagram Usage Statistics
1. After Instagram itself, Selena Gomez has the most followers with 124 million. Cristiano Ronaldo has 108 million and National Geographic has 80.2 million.
2. Beyonce holds the record for the most liked Instagram with her pregnancy announcement which garnered almost 11 million likes.
3. There are over 600 million Instagrammers.
4. Of that 600 million, 400 million are active every day.
5. There are 16,600,000 Google searches for “instagram” per month.
6. There are 165,000 searches per month for “kylie jenner instagram”
7. 51% of Instagram users access the platform daily, and 35% say they look at the platform several times per day.
8. 95 million photos and videos are shared on Instagram per day.
9. Over 40 billion photos and videos have been shared on the Instagram platform since its conception.
Instagram Business Statistics
1. There are 15 million registered businesses using Instagram business profiles.
2. Instagram has 1 million monthly active advertisers—up from just 200,000 in March 2016.
3. 60% of the top brands on Instagram use the same filter for every post.
4. In March 2017, over 120 million Instagrammers visited a website, got directions, called, emailed, or direct messaged to learn about a business based on an Instagram ad.
5. Instagram is estimated to have brought in $1.53 billion in global mobile ad revenue in 2016, which is a 144 percent increase year-over-year and would amount to 8.4 percent of Facebook’s global mobile ad revenue according to International Business Times.
6. eMarketer projects that Instagram’s global mobile ad revenues will reach $2.81 billion this year, accounting for over 10 percent of parent company Facebook’s global ad revenues.
7. This year, 70.7% of U.S. companies will use Instagram for marketing, edging out Twitter for the first time.
8. 50% of Instagram users follow at least one business.
9. 60% of users say that they have learned about a product or service on the platform.
10. 100 million users use the “stories” feature daily.
What do you think? Let me know in the comments!